Thursday, 18 June 2009

Teaching the teen to drive.

Probably the most terrifying thing I've ever agreed to.

Not that Daughter 3 is incompetent, don't misunderstand, I don't doubt I was just as awful when I first started. Do driving instructors die young? Probably not, they have dual control cars. When the driving instructor says, Stop, you can bet Daughter 3 stops. When I say Stop! she wants a discussion and all the while the brick wall, or crater in the road or lorry the size of a house looms closer.

I suppose I should be flattered that she wants me to teach her; her sisters didn't. Anyway, I think a driving instructor can take over now; sitting next to a learner in the carpark or on deserted streets is one thing, but major roads, traffic lights or roundabouts - my blood-pressure won't take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment